CORONA VIRUS POLICY
Springs, Suspension & Shock Absorbers at HAC Rockhampton
Your car shock absorber purpose is to maintain control of your vehicle and provide a smooth ride. It’s time to let us check and report on their condition.
A shock absorber test and steering suspension check is part of our vehicle service plan. If you have a specific problem that needs our attention, give us a call.
Symptoms of Worn Shock Absorbers:
- Car veering off course in side winds
- Rocking and rolling
- Delayed or longer stopping distance
- Vehicle looks to be sagging
Obviously, having BRAKES
that perform as they should is something that every driver considers a priority. What you may not be aware of is the critical function that precise suspension plays in vehicle control and braking efficiency.
MENU - Mechanics & Servicing.
MENU - Car Electrical Systems.
MENU - Car Air-conditioning.
MENU - Brakes.
MENU - Radiator & Cooling.
Contact Us, Find Us, See Our Map, Get a Quote, Make a Booking
It's time for an Inspection of Your Car, SUV, 4WD Suspension, Underbody, Tyres and Brakes $77.
Tyres plus good working suspension are what permit the maximum braking capability of your car. Get a brake, tyre and suspension checkup today so you know you can stop in time.
This TBS trio is what you rely on to stop when you apply the brakes. On the surface you may think that suspension wear and tear will only impact on your ride and comfort but the real danger is when stressed, the suspension loses its ability to keep your tyres in constant contact with the road and particularly on wet roads, you then become an accident waiting to happen because tyre traction is lost.
Suspension Early Failure Warning Signs
Any of the following suggest your vehicle is unsafe so please get a Suspension checkup now:
- Car not sitting level when parked.
- Uneven tyre wear.
- Abnormal noises when driving.
- Vehicle heights indicate spring problems.
- Steering pulls one way.
- Excessive body roll on corners.
- A lot of suspension bouncing when you drive.
- Steering pulls when braking.
- Poor handling.
- Steering wheel off centre.
- Vibrations when driving.
- Suspension diving under braking.
Get Your Brakes & Suspension Working Together Again
$77 Suspension performance & safety checkup:
- Check for uneven tyre wear.
- Vehicle heights side to side.
- Condition of shock absorbers (make sure they aren’t leaking and do control the bounce of the spring).
- Condition of suspension bushes (whether they are cracked, torn or have excessive movement).
- Check general suspension system wear.
- Power steering system (condition of fluid, noisy pump, check for leaks, check drive belt for cracks, condition of hoses).
- Check Tie rod ends, rack ends and ball joints for play/wear.
- Check for noises/play in wheel bearings.
- Check condition of brake system (pads, discs, shoes, brake fluid).
Is Your Vehicle Over 4 Years of Age? It's Due For a Suspension & Underbody Check-up.
If your car is due for a service, and you’d like to ensure your vehicle is safe, then call Highway Auto Suspensions on (07) 4926 1303 to book a service, and get a quote to fix any problems with your brakes, steering, Tyres and suspension.
Contact Us, Find Us, Get a Quote, Make a Booking
Click or Tap Links Below for Suspension, Springs, Shock absorbers, Underbody & Brakes.
ABOUT CAR SHOCK ABSORBERS.
ABOUT CAR SUSPENSION & STEERING.
ABOUT CAR UNDERBODY SYSTEMS
ALL ABOUT YOUR CAR'S BRAKES
Brake and Wheel Inspection
Most popular vehicles for our suspension checkup
Examples of vehicles we service
● Isuzu Ute
● Land Rover
We Fix Common brake and suspension problems, be alert to these warning signs:
- A spongy brake pedal.
- A grinding sound when you depress the brake pedal.
- Squealing brakes.
- The car pulling to one side when you brake.
- The brake warning light illuminating.
- Brake fluid level dropping.
- The brake pedal being hard to press.
Highway Auto Suspension Repairs, offer personal service and quality workmanship guaranteed* for life.
For any of the above services or for any automotive repairs, Mechanical, Air-conditioning, Auto electrical, Cruise control, Caravan services, Bosch, Delkor and Century Batteries.
You can speak with Cathy or Steve who will talk you through any automotive service questions and advice; they are well-informed, patient, professionals. (07) 4926 1303
Contact Us, Find Us, Get a Quote, Make a Booking
Diagnosis and repair of car, SUV & 4WD suspension systems
Have a look at this sister site.
Brakes, control arms, bushings, road grip, underbody inspection, repairs, maintenance, CV joints, CV boots, steering rack, rubber boots, shock absorber bushings, brake sensors, tail shaft, exhaust system, transmission, differential, sway bars, CV shafts, suspension bushings, struts, wheel balance, wheel alignment, bounce, road holding, coil spring, shock absorber, suspension springs, mechanics, brake calipers, brake flexible hoses, brake pipes, brake pads, brake disc rotors, chassis rust, engine oil seals, engine rear oil seal, exhaust pipe mountings, fuel filter, fuel line, gearbox oil seals, gearbox sensors, stabiliser bar bushings, under car wiring, wheel speed sensors.